The June Collectible Auction was be held at 55, St. Louis, Lord Byron Street in Hamrun on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th June 2017 at 9.30am. The auction was another extension from the previous and highly successful auctions held in November and Februray, and this time offered over 600 lots of unique collectibles and antiques. The majority of the lots were bar memorabilia – which included enamel signs, tin signs, mirror advertising, old wooden crates. There was also a huge selection of vintage whiskeys, advertising materials, posters, Maltese postcards and collectibles, war memorabilia and more.
Further details for this auction, including printable/online catalogues, conditions of sale and other generic information, can be found on this page.
- Wednesday 7th June 2017 from 10:00 to 19:00
- Thursday 8th June 2017 from 10:00 to 19:00
- Friday 9th June 2017 from 10:00 to 19:00
- Monday 12th June 2017 from 09:30am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 13th June 2017 from 09:30am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm
- Wednesday 14th June 2017 from 09:30am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm
Conditions of Sale
- We reserve the right at our own discretion for entry on property where auction is being held.
- We reserve the right to refuse any bid at our own discretion.
- The highest bidder shall be the buyer at the ‘hammer price’ and any dispute shall be settled at the auctioneer’s absolute discretion.
- All items in the auction have a certain amount of age, so clients should examine lots before bidding on them. No defects such as age cracks, chips and scratches in the lots will be pointed out on the catalogue. It is therefore the clients’ responsibility to examine the lot and be satisfied with the condition, authenticity and genuineness – where needed you can ask for assistance.
- The buyer will be charged a commission of 5% on the hammer price and an additional 18% VAT on the commission (Total charge 5.9%).
- Once a purchase of an item is done, the client must provide the following:
- His/her name and home address – with proof of identity.
- Provide auctioneer with any information to appear on the fiscal receipt.
- Pay a deposit of 10% on the hammer price.
- Buyer shall pay in full and collect all lots purchased by not later than 7pm on Wednesday 14th June 2017 as per the above pick-up times.
- Buyers give the auctioneer the right to use and publish any photographs of lots already sold in previous auctions.
- The auctioneer is not responsible for life or limb on the premises during viewing, sale and after auction.
- Clients are not allowed with bags on the premises.
- All lots have their respective starting price indicated.
Here’s a map to help you arrive to the auction venue…
Have a quick look at some of our favourite pieces from this auction…