The March House Contents Auction will be held at Manuela House, Triq Santa Venera, Msida on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th March 2018 at 9.30am on both days. This is the first auction of the year, and will this time offer over 400 lots of unique collectibles and antiques. The majority of the lots are house contents such as figurines, antique furniture and paintings. There is also a selection of Persian wool carpets, advertising materials, Maltese coins and collectibles, war memorabilia and more. This auction continues on the success of the past editions and we encourage you to visit during viewing opening hours as listed on the right.
Further details for this auction, including printable/online catalogues, conditions of sale and other generic information, can be found on this page.
- Tuesday 27th February 2018 from 09:30 to 13:00 and 16:00 to 19:00
- Wednesday 28th February 2018 from 09:30 to 13:00 and 16:00 to 19:00
- Thursday 1st March 2018 from 09:30 to 13:00 and 16:00 to 19:00
- Friday 2nd March 2018 from 09:30 to 13:00 and 16:00 to 19:00
- Monday 5th March 2018 from 09:30am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm
- Tuesday 6th March 2018 from 09:30am to 1pm and 4pm to 7pm
Conditions of Sale
- We reserve the right at our own discretion for entry on property where auction is being held.
- We reserve the right to refuse any bid at our own discretion.
- The highest bidder shall be the buyer at the ‘hammer price’ and any dispute shall be settled at the auctioneer’s absolute discretion.
- All items in the auction have a certain amount of age, so clients should examine lots before bidding on them. No defects such as age cracks, chips and scratches in the lots will be pointed out on the catalogue. It is therefore the clients’ responsibility to examine the lot and be satisfied with the condition, authenticity and genuineness – where needed you can ask for assistance.
- The buyer will be charged a commission of 5% on the hammer price and an additional 18% VAT on the commission (Total charge 5.9%).
- Once a purchase of an item is done, the client must provide the following:
- His/her name and home address – with proof of identity.
- Provide auctioneer with any information to appear on the fiscal receipt.
- Pay a deposit of 10% on the hammer price.
- Buyer shall pay in full and collect all lots purchased by not later than 7pm on Tuesday 6th March 2018 as per the above pick-up times.
- Buyers give the auctioneer the right to use and publish any photographs of lots already sold in previous auctions.
- The auctioneer is not responsible for life or limb on the premises during viewing, sale and after auction.
- Clients are not allowed with bags on the premises.
- All lots have their respective starting price indicated.
Here’s a map to help you arrive to the auction venue…
Have a quick look at some of our favourite pieces from this auction…